Membership Renewal New Membership
Recycling professionals are some of the most dedicated and hard-working folks we know. We all do the best we can to conserve natural resources and promote more sustainable environmental practices.
The Northern California Recycling Association (NCRA) is a professional organization dedicated to promoting waste reduction, reuse, recycling, salvaging and composting. We have 300+ members throughout the state representing a broad spectrum of the recycling community – nonprofit recyclers, reuse specialists, local and state government workers, consultants, haulers, environmentalists, artists, students and others interested in the many “Rs” (reduce, reuse, recycle, rot, rethink, redesign, etc.). We invite you to become a member and participate in our programs.
Benefits of the $60/year membership include:
- Networking Meetings and Tours – NCRA meets monthly on the third Thursday, often at a different location in the greater Bay Area. Meetings are a great opportunity to share information and network with others in the field. Many meetings are preceded by an informative tour of a recycling-related business.
- Monthly Newsletter – The popular NCRA News is sent via email once a month with meeting announcements, partner events, original articles and clips from around the USA and the world.
- Directories – The invaluable Members Directory is available to all NCRA Members, and is located in the password-protected Members Only Area of the Wild Apricot Membership Portal. The Services Directory, a resource listing of members who perform services to the public and private sectors can be found under the Directory menu. It is a searchable database accessible to all visitors to the NCRA website.
- Advocacy & Campaigns – NCRA has been instrumental in providing a voice for recyclers in the state capitol, local hearings and even state and federal court. We’ll keep you informed of what is happening in Sacramento and make sure your representatives understand how the issues affect this industry. NCRA writes letters to industry and policymakers supporting our mission.
- Conferences, Training, and Special Events – NCRA members receive discounted registration to NCRA’s Recycling Update, which presents 25 experts who take 10 minutes each to bring you from out-of-touch to up-to-date in one day. NCRA also offers “Introduction to Recycling” – a three-day training workshop (now held in San Francisco and Los Angeles) ideal for newcomers to the field and others looking to get up to speed fast.
- Jobs – If you’re looking to get connected, find a job, learn more about different segments of the field or all of the above, visits the NCRA Jobs page. Check our events calendar in the newsletter and our Calendar for tours, picnics, workshops and other special events.
Chances are you are already benefiting from NCRA’s work. Make it official and join today.
If you plan on attending NCRA events, it’ll pay for itself!
At $60 per year for an individual membership (that’s just $0.16 per day!), how can you afford not to join? We hope to see you soon!