On Thursday, August 19, after careful evaluation of all options, the NCRA Board decided not to hold Recycling Update on October 5. Instead we will host:
- A virtual Membership meeting the evening of October 5
- An outdoor networking event this Fall
- The next Recycling Update in March 2022
We will be sending future notices with more specifics. We have not yet determined whether RU in March 2022 will be in-person or virtual.
The decision to postpone RU was made for the following reasons:
- COVID Delta variant cases are rising and in-person events may not be allowed this fall.
- The RU Preferences Survey yielded mixed results as to whether or not members wanted an in-person indoor conference, especially if proof of vaccination and masks were required. We also believe the survey results would have been different if the survey had been conducted slightly later, after the increase in Delta variant cases and the re-establishment of some social distancing measures by health officials.
- A desire to return to our normal March date for RU each year.
Thank you to the RU Program Committee for their hard work, to the confirmed Speakers for their flexibility and to the Board and Staff for making this challenging decision.
Thank you to the 168 people who responded to the RU preferences survey. It really helped clarify this decesion.
If your NCRA membership has expired, please log-in to renew your membership ASAP! This ensures you will continue to receive the NCRA News and discounts on NCRA events. Your membership help support NCRA’s advocacy and education efforts throughout the year. Because we did not receive the usual membership renewals around RU you this year, NCRA’s membership and funds have been diminished.