Zero Waste Week Receptions and Tours
San Francisco Tours, Fisherman’s Wharf Zero Waste Zone Reception and Trashed Premier
Monday, March 18, Click here for a detailed itinerary
Sponsored by the Fisherman's Wharf Community Benefit District, Fog Harbor Fish House, Aquarium of the Bay, the Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf and L2 Environmental
East Bay Tours & Urban Ore EcoPark Reception
TOUR SPOTS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DROP-INS
Friday, March 22, 2013, 10am - 5pm, Wear plants and closed walking shoes.
Leaving from the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, 2086 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704
The ZWW Closing Reception will be held at Urban Ore EcoPark in Berkeley on Friday, March 22 - after business hours from 7pm to 10pm. You are welcome to invite friends and associates but they should register and pay $25 in advance at www.ncrarecyclers.org. The address is 900 Murray Street, Berkeley, CA 94710. Directions can be found on the Urban Ore website: www.urbanore.com
We are calling it a gala not because we expect you to dress up but instead it will be a gala or, if you prefer, a three ring circus! Here is a sampling of the action:
• Hang out with your new and reused resource friends in a jolly atmosphere. Our international visitors are all invited; here is a chance to chat them up one-on-one!
• Tour Urban Ore’s Receiving Department (not open to the public) where reusable goods are received, sorted, and priced, thus preventing landfilling and pollution while turning discards into merchandise, local economic development, and sales taxes.
• Meander through the rest of Urban Ore’s three acres of reusable goods.
• Munch on a hosted dinner from local food trucks including Mexican goodies and hamburgers, with beverages from a local brewery and winery.
• Marvel at artworks from fine local artists. Here’s a sample:
• Schmooze about the happy, prosperous, and globally cool Zero Waste future!